Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Need The Orb!

Do you need the orb at the end of the dungeon? Or just greed it trusting that your fellow man will do the same? Well then you're an idiot, but luckily for you Blizz has made rolling for orbs idiot proof! Or ninja proof...depending on how you look at it. I'm just glad the debate is over, I hate when people make a big fuss about something that is so trivial, with a solution that's so simple: need the damn orb! Anyways, now in 3.3.3 you can't need the orb meaning you can only greed or pass, but who would pass? I wish it would just fly into some random person's backpack.

Well it doesn't, I guess giving someone the freedom to pass on something is important to Blizz even though passing a Frozen Orb would make about as much sense as passing on, at the very least, five gold. Luckily, if you're a normal person, and wish to greed every orb that drops some kind man (or woman? I don't know) has made Need The Orb. NTO used to auto-need on Frozen Orbs (hence the name), but now it simply auto-greeds them. I thought it was cool, simplistic addon.

Quite frankly there's a lot of things that I'd always want to auto-greed...or even auto-disenchant in a dungeon, but I appreciate the simplicity of Need The Orb. It does one thing, and it does it well, and that's all you can ask of an addon. there's nothing worse than those addons that overstep their bounds and try to cook you breakfast or something when you just want them to do one thing. I'd rather have ten different addons that do one thing than one addon that does the same ten things and twenty other things I don't want it to do.

You can download Need The Orb @ [WoWInterface] (sorry, but it doesn't seem to be available on Curse)

1 comment: