Monday, June 21, 2010

Ruby Sanctum Rogue Lewtz



So apparently patch 3.3.5 is dropping tomorrow and it's bringing us a new raid called "Ruby Sanctum" and something called "Real ID", which I couldn't care less about. I hate social networking and I fear the day our toasters send status updates to our Facebook pages that we just got done toasting a bagel at the "lightly toasted" setting. Anyways, Ruby Sanctum is a lot like Obsidian Sanctum: three minibosses who all drop one badge each, and one main boss, Halion, who drops all the loot. Lets see what rogue loot Halion will be dropping in patch 3.3.5's new raid.

25 Man Loot

I'm starting off with 25 man loot simply because it's the most interesting. Halion will be dropping ilvl 271 gear, which is the same ilvl as the gear from 25 man Lich King. This actually kind of confuses me. Does this mean hardmode (assuming there is a hardmode) will drop ilvl 277 gear or ilvl 284 gear? Will they give out 284 to anyone who can best Halion on hardmode, or will that ilvl be exclusive to the 25 man Lich King hardmode? Well I'm not going to worry about it, so let's look at the loot we know about:

Umbrage Armbands
Wrist
298 Armor
+96 Agility
+96 Stamina
[  ] Red Socket
Socket Bonus: +4 Agility
Item Level 271
Equip: Increases attack power by 96.
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 64.
Equip: Improves haste rating by 64.

These bracers are perfectly itemized for mutilate (assuming you'd stay about the expertise and hit soft caps if you were to swap out your current bracers), which is the spec I run, and I'm guessing they're not too shabby for combat either. I've actually put these into my spreadsheet and it seems they are BiS for mutilate, they even beat out Heroic Toskk's! Considering there's only two alternatives on the current tier of content I think these bracers are a great addition. Good job Blizzard!

Signet of Twilight
Finger
+96 Agility
+96 Stamina
[  ] Yellow Socket
Socket Bonus: +4 Agility
Item Level 271
Equip: Increases attack power by 128.
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 64.
Equip: Improves hit rating by 48.

This ring says "take me to the battlegrounds" in an evil baritone that chills your soul. It's like Wodin's Lucky Necklace for your finger: perfect pvp itemization. I see a lot of rogues using Band of the Bone Colossus for pvp, which is fine, but this ring is perfect. I fully expect to see this thing and its heroic version in the upper echelons of arena combat. Oh, and it's not too bad for pve either.

Sharpened Twilight Scale
Trinket
Item Level 271
Equip: Increases your armor penetration rating by 163.
Equip: When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1304 attack power for 15 sec.

Well I suppose the entire 25 man loot table couldn't be all gumdrops, lollipops, and sunshine. Did we really need another arpen trinket? I was hoping for Death's Verdict 2.0, but apparently Blizzard thought we needed to stock up on the two stats that'll be getting blown up in Cataclysm. It's good for combat and subtlety pvp, but it's pretty crappy for mutilate. Have fun fighting fury warriors for this thing.

10 Man Loot

Halion drops two pieces of rogue loot on 10 man, and to be honest they're both firmly in the "meh" category for me. I guess Blizzard suddenly realized that ICC was sorely lacking in expertise gear because both these items attempt to fill that void. I just think it's kind of stupid to have two items from the exact same loot table fill the exact same role in terms of itemization. I mean just look at them, their stats are completely identical. Just look at them:

Baltharus' Gift
Neck
+85 Agility
+75 Stamina
[  ] Red Socket
Socket Bonus: +4 Agility
Item Level 258
Equip: Increases attack power by 122.
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 57.
Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 41.

I can see this neck as being decent if you need the expertise, and mediocre otherwise. The problem is that the other stats opposite the expertise aren't really that amazing for either spec, perhaps if it had haste or arpen it would be more interesting. I feel like I should write more about it, but what else is there to say?

Gloaming Sark
652 Armor
+153 Agility
+104 Stamina
[  ] Yellow Socket
[  ] Red Socket
[  ] Blue Socket
Socket Bonus: +8 Agility
Item Level 258
Equip: Increases attack power by 201.
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 94.
Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 86.

This item's name is so ridiculous that I'm not sure of the definition of either of the two words used to form it, but I did look them up. Apparently "gloaming" is another word for "twilight", and "sark" is how you'd say "shirt" if you lived in Britain some time before the 12th century. I just can't wait for someone to mispronounce this as "glowing shark". As far as the item itself goes it's pretty much in the same boat as Baltharus' Gift, meaning if you need expertise it's decent and if you don't there's probably a better alternative.

Conclusion

Well 25 man has a couple of pieces I'm looking forward to and I guess you should raid 10 man if you're in need of a major expertise injection, but if you're like me you'll be raiding both anyways out of sheer boredom. My current WoW life boils down to wiping on LK 25 and stockpiling arena points. Hopefully Halion isn't a Toravon and gives my guild something new to do for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment